The BAY BASH Family Fishing Tournament, to benefit the White Stone VFD, has been developed as an all-inclusive fishing event where both families and individuals, both serious and casual anglers, can come together for a good time and a great cause. This event “Brings the Fun back into Fishing” – where children fishing off of a pier or from the shore have as much opportunity of landing a prize as those fishing off a speedy powerboat.
Family Fishing Tournament
Saturday August 12th, 2017
Benefit Concert for the White Stone VFD
● The tournament will be conducted in the waters and tributaries of the Chesapeake Bay, August 12th, 2017.
● Through August 10th
○ Online Registration (or in person registration, Ingram Bay Marina)
● Friday, August 11th
○ 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM – late registration (Ingram Bay Marina)
○ 7:00 PM – mandatory captains’ meeting (Ingram Bay Marina)
● Saturday, August 12th
○ Sunrise – 4:00 PM permitted fishing hours
○ 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM Check-in open for recording catches (Ingram Bay Marina dock)
○ Awards Ceremony: 7:00 PM (Ingram Bay Marina)
○ 7:30 – 10:30pm Benefit concert featuring the popular band “JUKIN”
Tournament Entry Fee
● $10 Fishing from a Shoreline or Pier (individual entry)
Whole family Pier/Shore entry $30
● $25 Fishing from a Kayak and Canoe (covers all anglers in vessel)
● $75 Fishing from a motorboat (covers all anglers in vessel)
The tournament will administer four major divisions:
● Open Division (anyone)
● Lady Angler Division (16 and older female)
● Youth Angler Division (15 years and younger)
● Special Angler Division (see Special Angler Foundation qualification rules http://www.specialangler.org/faqs.html)
The Open Division contains 10 eligible species:
3. GREY TROUT
4. SPECKLED TROUT
7. SPANISH MACKEREL
8. RED DRUM
9. PERCH (any perch, silver, sand, etc.)
● Grand Prize: $500.00 Cash
2nd Place: Seigler Reel (World famous – Made locally in USA)
– All fish registered at weigh in and measured by the weigh master will be automatically tabulated for the Grand Prize. It will be determined by the greatest total length of all different species recorded by each contestant. Only your top fish of a particular species will be aggregated.
● Open Division: Winners will be determined by length with ties broken by weigh in time. Each species subdivision will be awarded as follows:
○ 1st Place $100
○ 2nd Place $75
○ 3rd Place $25
● Lady, Youth and Special Angler Divisions:
○ 1st Place $200 Cash Prize (Lady Division only)
○ 1st-5th place trophies (Youth and Special only)
○ Winners will be determined by the most species registered in their respective division.
○ Fish brought to weigh in and measured, will also be tabulated for the Grand Prize.
○ Fish may also be submitted via email or via text at any point during the day.
○ All ties will be broken by the registration time of your fish (based on the time stamp of your email or text time), or the weigh in time.
Complete details here